Thursday 20 August 2015

Books for Less

Thousands of books for P20.00 apiece! It would be a heinous crime not to go!




Books for Less Warehouse Sale is at Mercedes  Avenue, Pasic City. The odds are in my favor, I live only 10 minutes away.



It was my second time at the warehouse. First visit was a few minutes from closing, so it was only some sort of an ocular inspection. Now, I would know what to do and what to bring.




Wear comfortable clothes, the place is not air conditioned. Bring face mask, you could be opening dusty boxes yourself. Bring handkerchief, water, eco-bag (P10, P30 eco-bags are available for sale) and enough money of course! You would not want to leave behind a few more books because of not enough cash! Then, you are all set for a treasure hunt!




The books are not really categorically arranged. They tried to, you can see that, but with no success, well, it's a warehouse! Expect to find books of all sorts in a shelf.




I can almost see the magic in just looking at the children's books right in the middle of the warehouse. A whole new experience awaits the children. New places to visit, interesting characters to play with, the colours, the texture, the scent. Imagination running wild.




The staff said it's a little crowded during weekends, so you may opt to go on a weekday (closed on Mondays!) if you can. I went on a Quezon City Day, so it was a holiday for me but not for everyone else. I felt like I had the warehouse to myself!




Sorry, but I have already  made plans for the coming weekends. I will live the coming days in books I proudly  found at the sale, a nest I will call home. A cup of coffee on the side, maybe a soft music in the background. I read to live, I live to read. :)



The sale is on until end of August. Run along now! I'm planning to go back too! The staff restocks every night, so we can actually find different books everyday! Yiheee!



No comments:

Post a Comment